Question of the month: (it comes from one of my favorite beauties who sadly doesn't blog anymore). How often do you work out? What's your preferred method of exercise?
I will be totally honest and say that my main reasoning for health and fitness these days stems from my wedding. I spent all of last year slacking off, and my body has definitely changed because of it. My fault, no excuses.
Now that my wedding is a few short months away, I'm feeling a bit more insecure and vain. It's normal, right?
I try to work out three to four times a week, and for a period of 30 minutes to an hour each session. I enjoy working out in the evenings. For those that have read my blog for awhile, then I think you know that I suffer from generalized anxiety. I don't talk about it on here often, but I'm not ashamed of it either. I don't take medication, but I do try to manage it with the help of a therapist. She has always recommended exercise as a means of coping. It's a huge endorphin release, thus you feel more relaxed and happy after a good work-out, and less anxious or stressed. So bottom line - I work out because I want to look toned and feel healthy, but I also have to do it because it's important for my overall wellness.
I usually do 25 minutes of cardio. I prefer fast walking or jogging because I hate running! We own an eliptical, so that's great because I feel like I work my entire body. Then I follow it up by targeting certain areas of my body. One night I'll lift weights and attempt to tone my arms (my weak point). Another night I'll do abs; the next night I'll target legs, and so forth.
I've tried Yoga, and honestly, I really want to get back into it. I've also thought about getting a trainer or taking a boot camp style class a couple of months before the wedding. If I do, I'll let you know how that goes.
What do you do for exercise?
- Alison*Elle - Alison is branching out into bright colours with a new favourite coat.
- Beautygirl24 - Noelle kicked off the new year in her favorite glittering skirt.
- Ella Pretty - Check out Ella's Forever21 haul: Statement necklaces & a quilted bag!
- Lilly's Style - Lilly's striped out!
- Lindsay J Everyday - Lindsay got a big girl camera for her birthday & is polka dot obsessed.
- Love, Lipstick & Pearls - Kristen found out if she's having a Lil Miss or Lil Man with her gender reveal party.
- Schnelle Couture - Danielle is about to finally meet her little girl, check out what she has packed in her hospital bag.
- Sequins and Stilettos - Skylette splurged just a bit on a little accessory - see it here!
- The Currently Obsessed - Mehreen organized her makeup and gives us a peek into her collection!