Every year, I shop the Nordstrom Anniversary sale. I know there is a lot of hype surrounding it and some may roll their eyes at yet another #NSale post, but because I regularly do shop at Nordstrom, I felt compelled to give you my picks and personal wishlist items. I was a bit underwhelmed by the choices this go around, but I still have a few pieces that are catching my eye. No surprise there...
First, a few tips for shopping the sale:
1. Get essentials! Pick up pieces that you can wear year-round and that will really become a staple in your wardrobe. Now's the time to stock up on jeans, jackets, and a fun Fall shoe that you won't be able to wait to wear.
2. Treat yourself. I've never purchased Paige denim before, but I have tried a few pairs on. You know, just for fun. It's the most luxurious denim I've ever had the pleasure of putting on my body! I typically can't afford Paige, but at this rate, you better believe I'm getting a pair before the price goes back up on August 8th.
3. Don't worry if you aren't a card member. I'm not either, and I won't be able to shop the sale early but I've never had a problem getting items when they become widely available to the public on July 22nd. They re-stock constantly so don't fear if you miss out this week. Trust me, it's all part of the sale game. Although I am strongly considering getting their debit card because I do shop there so often. The perks are great, so I'm not sure why I haven't applied yet.
4. Invest in that special handbag or pair of shoes you wouldn't normally be able to. Some items are still pricey, but it's so worth it to have a special luxury item that you can carry for seasons to come!
5. Make a list of things you are thinking of getting and then narrow them down by category. So for example, I have broken mine down to Beauty, Home, Clothing, and Accessories. It's less overwhelming and then you can take inventory of what you really need or have been dying to try as opposed to something you can buy later, even as the price goes up because it's not a priority.
Caveat: I have two bags that are similar so this isn't actually a real consideration for me but I think it's beautiful and at an affordable price.
Are you shopping the sale? If so, tell me what you're thinking about getting (or already got) in the comments! Happy Friday!