There's no single shopping experience that satisfies my little heart more than a handbag. I can't even explain why. You put stuff into it, and carry it on your arm or shoulder. Um, okay. I do however understand that I am interested in quality over quantity. I'd rather have beautiful staples that I will carry for years to come instead of a giant collection. If I'm going to drop any amount of money on one, it's a well-thought out and researched purchase. I usually think about it for months before taking the plunge.
This bag was no different. Over the Summer, I was thinking about getting either a shoulder bag or a tote but I also couldn't decide on the color. Red? Cognac? Hunter green? I really couldn't make up my mind until I saw this Rebecca Minkoff tote in "Fatigue". In trying to review the M.A.B, I decided to create a list of pros and cons. Let's start with the
1) It's the medium size, which I think is perfect for someone my height (5'2). I think the large would be too overwhelming for me.
2) The color. It's the perfect shade of tan, which also means it goes with absolutely everything. It comes in a multitude of gorgeous colors though!
3) The hardware is durable. The saffiano leather is the same as my Micheal Kors Selma satchel, so it's practically impossible to destruct. It has little metal feet on the bottom, which I think is such a great touch. I can see it keeping its shape and structure throughout time. The handles are also very sturdy.
1) The handles are a little too stiff and sturdy, if that makes sense. They feel a bit rigid when worn on the shoulder, so I feel more comfortable carrying the bag on my arm.
2) I really wish it had a crossbody strap for convenience. It's not a shopping bag, let's just put it that way. Great for work, and also as a weekender if you crave the polished look like I normally do.
Overall, I would recommend it and am happy with my Winter purchase. I can easily see myself carrying it through Spring and Summer as well.
If you have any specific questions, let me know in the comments below!
Oh, and happy New Years! This is my last post of the year, and it feels surreal! Have a great night and be safe :)